Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ch. 1- 5 needs

Hello everyone! My name is Carly and this is my first blog ever. In this first blog I will be talking about the five communication needs and how they have impacted my life. Enjoy!

The first need I would like to talk to you about is physical needs. This need helps us keep balance in our mental and physical well-being. By having a closeknit family and being able to tell your friends anything, this can promote a healthy lifestyle both physically and emotionally. I read somewhere that there is a major difference between a child who had a stable environment with a lot of love and care and a child who has to basically take care of themselves. In my family we are very close and we are always communicating. Every week my whole family has dinner on Sundays at my grandparents. It's nice when we can all get together and this just makes our relationship that much stronger.

The second need we develop is the relational need. Just as it sounds this need helps us to build our personal relationships. There are many places where we can take advantage of interacting with other people such as school, work, sports events and many others. Even our advances in technology have made social interactions easier. Take this blog for example. This is enabling me to talk to my peers and get feedback. Personal relationships are key in our everday lives and with the help of Facebook, Skype and the Internet in general we are constantly keeping in contact with one another.

Another need we develop through communication is an identity need. This helps us see how we view ourselves as well as how other people view us. By communicating with others our personality will shine through and everyone will be able to get a sense of what distinguishes us from others. In high school I was in a couple of sports and clubs which helped me not only get a sense of what I love to do but also be able to share common ground with my friends in school.

The fourth need we have is spiritual need. This coincides with our identity because we express ourselves through our morals and values. By sharing our beliefs we can see other peoples opinions and maybe share the same values in life with someone who could become a close friend or even a future spouse.

The final need we develop is an instrumental need. These are the day to day tasks that we go through. These tasks could be as simple as ordering food at a drive through or as intricate as giving a speech in class. All of these needs are very functional and our necessary for our life whether they are short term or long term. Communication is inevitable and is one of the ways that people can express their beliefs and  the various characteristics that they portray.

No comments:

Post a Comment